Learn to Facilitate the Ultimate Experience of Relaxation
Join ERYT 500 Marin McCallen at Old Towne Therapeutics for this very special, SEMI-PRIVATE offering. In the comfort of a healing space this intimate group (max 6) will dive into the art and science of Yoga Nidra.
Yoga Nidra, or yogic sleep, is gaining popularity due to its relaxing, rejuvenating and healing effects. The benefits of a regular Yoga Nidra practice are numerous and reach every system of the body. Yoga Nidra can help break habits or promote new ones. It is a tool for developing creativity and a way to align to a higher purpose. It can be especially helpful to counteract the effects of stress and anxiety that are prevalent in our modern, busy culture. Simple yet profound, Yoga Nidra leads the practitioner to a state of peace and inner awareness.
This 18 hour training is for instructors, health professionals, therapists, parents, or practitioners seeking to deepen their understanding of Yoga Nidra. This training is for anyone who would like to share the practice of Yoga Nidra with others, you do not need to be a yoga teacher or therapist.
In this training you will:
- Gain comprehensive understanding of Yoga Nidra: what it is, why we do it and how it works.
- Recognize the different components of a well-rounded Yoga Nidra session.
- Explore holding space as a facilitator of Yoga Nidra using voice, props, music and more.
- Learn to create your own Yoga Nidra script.
- Connect to Sankalpa, or intention & learn to help others connect with theirs.
- Practice specific Asana & Pranayama techniques to prepare the body for Yoga Nidra
- Experience power of Yoga Nidra to relax and recharge the subtle and physical body.
- Learn how to modify Yoga Nidra for pre-natal, children, trauma populations.
- Practice leading others through Yoga Nidra sessions.
Through a combination of lecture, discussion, asana, pranayama, giving and receiving Yoga Nidra, you will come to a greater understanding of this healing practice and leave with the confidence and capability to share it with others.
Fundamental Yoga Nidra Training Manual by Marin McCallen
Yoga Alliance approve 18 CE hour certification in the Art & Science of Yoga Nidra
*Requred but not included: Yoga Nidra by Satyananda Saraswati
We will meet the following times:
Thursday May 17th 5:30 - 8:30
Friday May 18th 5:30 - 8:30
Saturday May 19th 12:30 - 6:30
Sunday May 19th 12:30 - 6:30
$375 or $300 if registered by 5/1/18